The morning is the first fruits of your day, some argue that it sets the tone for the latter. Your likeliness of success can fluctuate depending upon your choices during those pivotal hours. Many of the worlds most lucrative CEO’s have divulged that waking pre dawn is their way to one up their competition. Writing a vision and making it plain has proven historically efficient in cranking out high end results but depends upon the authors abilities to stick to them. People are said to be “creatures of habit” and according to “Northwestern Medicine” individuals who don’t have any form of a routine have higher stress levels, lackluster health, poorer sleeping/eating habits and a higher probability of misappropriating time. Here are 7 morning habits of super successful people.
- SLEEP IS KEY: Amazon’s CEO (Jeff Bezos) has credited waking up naturally after 8 hours of sleep as an ingredient to his success saying it’s “the needed amount to feel energized and excited according to Thrive Global.
- EXERCISE IS OPTIMAL: Microsoft’s co-founder Bill Gates told The New York Times that he likes to multi task in the a.m. with treadmill workouts while watching “great courses.
- THEY TAKE QUIET TIME TO REFLECT: Oprah Winfrey & Mark Cuban have both detailed that meditation is one of their morning staples. Research suggest that regular meditation is associated with decreased anxiety and better self reflection.
- AFFIRMATIONS ARE EFFECTIVE: The late Muhammad Ali said that “it’s the affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction things begin to happen. In other words, speak it into existence then work hard for it.
- JOURNAL: One of the greatest methods to set goals is to first write them down. Scripting your goals takes a thought and transforms it into something tangible and gives you a tool to default back to for motivation. It creates intention and is a way to hold yourself accountable later. Benjamin Franklin was quoted saying “what good shall I do today?” Steve Jobs said he asked himself every morning “If today was the last day of my life would I be happy with what I’m about to do today?”
- YOUR VILLAGE IS CHIEF: Many top entertainers and business leaders have revealed that morning time with family is a way to ground themselves before embarking on their day.
- NIX THE COFFEE: Sleeping causes dehydration due to not having enough (if any) water throughout the night. So beginning your day with water is a perfect way to kick start ones metabolism. Kat Cole the president of FOCUS Brands which owns “Auntie Anne’s, Carvel & Cinnabon says she wakes up at 5 a.m. every morning to drink 24 ounces of water. Many people have coffee as their first drink choice because it contains antioxidant properties but it also dehydrates. If a mocha latte is your morning must have demote it to second.
Which one are you implementing first?
BY: BEWITTY Staff